“NoBudge is fulfilling the potential of internet-based film culture in a way that nobody else is. It’s no exaggeration to say that the site completely changed the course of my filmmaking career... We all need help and support from our peers. NoBudge has been a conduit for that help and support.” Brandon Colvin, director of FRAMES (NoBudge Awards, Best Feature 2013) & SABBATICAL.
Why should I submit my film?
- You're looking for a respected spot to Premiere your film online. You'll have complete control over the release and screening window (Most of our films are up permanently, but you can choose a shorter time frame).
- Your film is already online but you want it posted in as many places as possible. You want a new write-up, which will be positive if we accept your film.
- You want the support and endorsement from a site that's been called "One of the premier destinations for "true" independent movies" - No Film School.
- You want your film to be seen within a true indie context. We are focused on movies made for less than 100K.
- To be eligible for the year-end NoBudge Awards, which annually names the best film in 12 categories.
After you Submit:
- You will hear back within a week of submitting. If your film is selected we will arrange with you to set up a premiere date (usually 6-8 weeks in advance) and post your teaser / trailer / clip in our Upcoming Films section. NoBudge provides limited promotional support - we post about each film on our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Vine accounts - but the individual filmmakers are predominately responsible for getting the word out. We recommend you reach out to relevant films journalists or bloggers.
Note: A rejection is no reflection on the quality of the film. It just means it's not a good match for our current programming. We sincerely appreciate you sharing your film with us.
NoBudge Screening Options:
- Online Premiere or World Premiere. Film available Indefinitely*. This is our most common type of screening. Your film is premiering through NoBudge.** All Premieres receive 150-300 word write-ups from site founder Kentucker Audley, or another freelance writer.
- Non-Premiere. Available Indefinitely*. We also screen films that are already available on Vimeo, YouTube, etc or are premiering through another online source. 150-300 word write-ups from either Kentucker Audley or another freelance writer.
- Limited Run. Could be a week, or a month, or any length in between. Could be a Premiere or a film already available. All limited runs receive 150-300 word write-ups from Kentucker Audley or another freelance writer.
- 1-Day-Only Preview screening (can be extended to 2 or 3 days). Your film has yet to premiere at a festival or online. You provide a 150-200 word introduction to the film, etc. (Note: NoBudge does not write up Preview screenings)
*You can remove at any point if your distribution strategy changes. (We ask 1 month notice before you remove your film.) **We encourage you to seek out other channels to spread your film after the premiere date.